JOIN OUR TEAM
We are looking for individuals to join us who are inspired to work at a company that is rapidly growing, with an international team, that works on cutting edge science. We are committed to hiring people from diverse and unique personal and professional backgrounds, to combine viewpoints, approaches and methodologies, and to build together transformative therapies for cancer patients. If you are innovative, collaborative, and are looking to make a huge impact, you’re who we’re looking for!
We are a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, developing T cell receptor (TCR) therapies for solid tumor cancers. Our dynamic team has set an ambitious goal to revolutionize the TCR landscape. Following our successful Series B financing, we are well positioned to reach those goals.
We have the benefit of being transatlantic, with locations in San Francisco and Berlin, and are looking to expand in all locations. We have a strong team of scientists who have demonstrated preclinical proof-of-concept with multiple TCRs, have validated the platform for over 90 undisclosed cancer targets, and have several drug candidates currently in preclinical development. We are on track to enter the clinic with our first program.
It’s an exciting time to join T-knife!
SCIENTIST II (F/M/X)The Scientist II is a member of the Science Department reporting directly to the Team Lead. He/She independently designs, plans, performs and coordinates research studies focused on developing next generation T cell therapies for cancer. The Scientist II is responsible of the accurate data analysis, proper reporting of scientific results and effective communication within the department and with external stakeholders. He/she participates in the scientific guidance of technicians of the team and provides scientific guidance to other scientists in a specific area of research.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently design, plan, perform and coordinate research studies in accordance with the Department objectives
- Present scientific data within the Science and R&D department, lead meetings and contribute to the communication of scientific data within T-knife
- Ensure accurate internal data reporting including scientific reports drafting and reviewing
- Participate in and be fully cognizant of practical laboratory work
- Provide scientific background and feedback on results to the technicians of the team
- Generate scientific proposals to resolve key technical hurdles associated with his/her studies
- Stay up to date with the latest scientific knowledge and technologies relevant to the adoptive cell therapy for cancer
- Provide scientific guidance to other scientists in his/her specific area of research
- Ensure compliance of his/her research studies with internal guidelines in regard to data traceability, laboratory ethics and SOPs
- Contribute to appropriate training of new members
- Participate to and present scientific results on international scientific conferences
- PhD in biological sciences with emphasis on metabolism, immunology, cellular or molecular biology.
- Minimum 2 years post-doctoral experience or relevant experience in research within a Biotech/Pharma company.
- Strong background in molecular and cellular biology, cancer with emphasis on metabolism.
- Expertise in immunology is an important advantage.
- Demonstrable experience with scientific presentations and writing projects.
- Fluency in English, orally and in writing.
- Result-driven and committed to achieve challenging objectives
- Problem solving, proactive
- Good planning & organizational skills
- Action oriented, delivers results and commit to achieve challenging objectives
- Scientific writing and presentation skills
- Flexibility and can-do attitude
- Quality mindset
- Integrity & Trust
- A permanent position in an early stage, growing, and dynamic company in Berlin
- The opportunity to move the needle for underrepresented groups in Biotech
- Learning and development opportunities by performing challenging and meaningful work
- A supportive organizational culture with a big sense of purpose
- An inspiring work environment where we shape therapeutic innovations and continuously strive to improve the lives of cancer patients
- The possibility to contribute to the build-out of our innovative and unique HuTCR mouse platform and the development of next generation of TCR-T cell products.
- Our company culture develops from our values of being international, inclusive, innovative with Scientific excellence
- Stock options to reward your individual contribution to what we are creating together
- A growing benefit portfolio including a yearly career development budget
OUR MISSIONOur Mission is to develop T Cell receptor-based immunotherapies that deliver transformational benefits to cancer patients.
- Accept the Challenge: Creativity, Intensity, Excellence
- Make a Difference Now: Patients, Colleagues, Science
- Act with Integrity: Respect, Inclusion, Compassion